Wellcome and enjoy.

I would like to welcome you on my blog and thank for time you spend reading it I hope you will enjoy.It is personal creation of me, Lukas Tencer, and it will map my professional success as well as my personal interests.

Monday, January 25, 2010

1, 2, 3 Sta... Problem

Hi and welcome to my second post about Android programming. So long, if you have followed video-tutorials from here, which I have recommended, you could face first issues with running your application right now.I have found some solutions on some problems, so let me please share this solutions with you.

In second part of video tutorial you are said to create new application and run it in android emulator. Creating application is the first problem. on screen "New Android Project" you could noticed, that there are here missing in field "Build Target" options to choose SDK version. This could be fixed bu running "SDK setup.exe" from android SDK directory and updating all required packages. There could jump out error message about unavailable connection, for me it jumped. Then under tab "Settings" check checkbox to use http instead of https. It helped me. After this restart Eclipse and create new application, now should be everything OK.

After creating application you should try to run it. I have other issue with Path Error and exactly application says "the project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved". This issue, in combination with Eclipse and is described also on android group here and it is known issue by android developers, not fixed yet. But easy solution is to menu item Project and choose Clean option. Now clean your new project. It could be run now.

Other difference between tutorials and reality is setting of emulator. On first run, you need to set up your emulator, this could be easily done by creating new instance of emulator, but be aware to choose right SDK version and proper devices. To decide which device to add look at specification of phone, which is you application intended to be run on. For me it is Google Nexus One, with specification available here.

So long about recent Android issues and I look forward for next post I could use to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment